Our History

Our History

Adhesive Products, Inc. was founded in 1878 as a textile coatings manufacturer in San Francisco, California. Shortly after the turn of the century, the company expanded into manufacturing adhesives and adhesive coated packaging tapes. Over the years, Adhesive Products, Inc. has become, and will remain, a family operated business. In 1934 Paul W. Shattuck, purchased the company and with his son’s assistance, William L. Shattuck, they began to expand the company through acquisition and new product development.

In 1953 Adhesive Products, Inc purchased Atwood Adhesives, which is a wholly owned subsidiary specializing in water based adhesives and protein cake glues. In mid fifties Adhesive Products, Inc. purchased custom printed pressure sensitive label manufacturer in Los Angeles, CA. So now the company has three plants to service the West Coast.

By 1972, Paul C. Shattuck joined Adhesive Products, Inc., the company had expanded its marketing area beyond the Rockies to the Midwest and Eastern US markets, as well as International markets. In 2007 Trish Shattuck joined the growing line of Shattuck’s to work with Adhesive Products, Inc. With her arrival, API has increased our use of technologies and marketing resources to continue the company’s expansion. And in 2010, Tim Shattuck decided to share his expertise in the sales of our family’s products. For over 130 years our company has taken pride in its commitment to quality and excellence and we look forward to an exciting, bright future.

X
Loading